Closure and weaknesses of the potential client
The weak points of the client is an aspect that has been observed in the past with great interest. In this other vision, parallel to the previous one (1), the closing of the sale, the weight (the force, the power, the technique, the magic of the sale, etc.) was loaded not in the types of closing but in the types of weaknesses of the potential client . Under this orientation the client was the prey, the seller the astute hunter and the closure, the weapon.
The theory of the weak points of the client
In this orientation, the seller had, in the previous phases of the sales interview, detected the weak and strong points of the potential client. And after that, the seller applies its closing resources, selectively, based on that knowledge of the client's weaknesses.
Weaknesses of the client
On the other hand, with the knowledge potential that the vendor would have about these techniques, would apply these, selectively, to those different weak points of the client, one after the other. And the claim of this theory is that the client would have no choice but to purchase the good offered.
The interest of the sale was clearly the seller's interest. For this orientation the closures were the levers necessary to start the customer the "yes, I buy". Today we would say that the playing field of the sale (2) was that of the quadrant Gano Yo (the seller) - He loses (buyer).
The seller as a hammer
See these two opinions representative of this orientation:
- - « It's nice to see how a veteran acts in a sale situation. Far from the procedure of the amateur who conducts random blind blows hoping that one of them hits the target, the professional uses a tactic so carefully projected and carried out like a military chief who uses his forces in the field. Faced with its tremendous power of persuasion, concentrated with the utmost care against the most vulnerable areas, the customer has little chance of escaping the purchase. »(3)
- - «For the closing strategy the fundamental rule is the following: Always look for the most vulnerable point of the client, and then, concentrate in that direction all our persuasive capacity, where it will give its maximum performance.» (4 )
The client as prey
Note that in this theory, the interest of the seller is not so much in which is the best technique applicable to the weak aspect detected-which was what we saw in the Magic Shutdown- , but whatever the technique or techniques used, the fundamental thing is to demolish the position of the client in those aspects where his position is weaker.
Another difference is that in this case or, the detection of weak points is a priority and that requires an investigation of the circumstances of the buyer's position; on the other hand, in the Magic Lock, the closure attempt did not wait for anything.Practically their difference lies in the greater interest of the former in the technique of constant hammering with closing techniques; and in the second, in the hitting places. But they are aggressive variants that we have to dismiss.
(1) See > The Magic Closing of the sale
(2) See our four articles on the matrix of Miller et alt. Win-Lose , dedicated to the sale in each of those quadrants.
(3) John A. MacDonald . Page 9 of your " Strategies that make you sell ". Hispano Europea Editorial.
(4) John A. MacDonald . Page 13 of your " Strategies that make you sell ". Editorial Hispano Europea.
(5) This text is a partial excerpt of the contents of my book: The Closing of the Real Estate Sale . Editorial Finis Terrae. Galicia 2016. Book in print process. The images used in this postcard are from that work.